Monday 19 October 2015

Imperial Knight - Cerastus in manufactorum pt 9

The Knight has had all it's panels highlighted, this is pre-glaze which has helped to sooth out some of the transitions. I also decided to fill in the black chevrons which has definitely helped me feel happier about them and the rest of the colour scheme. I also added some highlights to the yellow stripes too. I'd only had Mecharius orange on there with a sepia wash and it somehow looked yellow so I didn't want to go extreme highlight. This is just Tau Sept Ochre [still rocking those Foundation paints!]. I regret not having the texture of the red panels but I did paint the stripes a little roughly so although they're not even stippled or textured there is an illusion that the paint has not gone on smoothly


I also painted the pipework on his legs orange, ahead of painting more chevron stripes on it. As mentioned previously I now have to decide on picking out other pipe details. Its a weird thing because I have to choose now as there are chest plates to add later and I won't be able to pick some of them out when they're in place. Which begs the question do I need to do them? If I can't get in there to paint them and they'll be obscured is it worth sweating over what I need to do and doing it?


Like I say, too much time in my own head.

Parts: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

8 comments:

  1. Thats looking sweet Dave. Something to be very proud of. Is there a category at blog wars you can enter it into even though you're taking nids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not, but he'll get his chance to shine eventually. There's best army, character and conversion followed by a whole host of amazing raffle prizes and in game spot prizes.

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome, I really like the main armour plate color, especially alongside the chevrons and the old gold/brass color.

    Makes me wanna grab a couple of knights and try my hand at them.

    later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Knights, as I see them as the sensible evolution ffor my love of Epic Titans. Forgeworld Reavers, Warhounds and Warlords are just not practical. So I recommend getting one.

      Delete
  3. Shweet... If you can't see pipes on the finished model then you don't need to paint them. Unless you're OCD. Then you absolutely need to paint them. The Emprah knows and will punish you for your heresy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic. Stop beating yourself up. You can come back to the model later, but you should not allow yourself to work on it anymore for the time being :)

    You should be proud at how awesome this model looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, with so much variety in him there are things I can do while I get my headspace sorted, both on him and other projects. I really should bring out the Bastions again, they're a welcome alternative I suppose.

      Delete