Wednesday 28 August 2013

To Do List 2013/14


Another year and another broken list of promises ;) I've completed/nearly completed around 8 of my 20 items from 2012/13 but I've made serious in-roads into the Bloodbowl Elves, AoBR Tactical Squad and Dreadnought and prepared the 6th Edition stuff. But amongst all of that I did this:

  • Winged Hive Tyrant, built and painted
  • Magnetised and in progress my original Hive Tyrant to be 2nd Flyrant or Swarmlord
  • Inquisitorial Vault template started and in-progress
  • Armies on Parade board
  • Sculpted a second set of Tyranid Defence lines that need to be finished off
  • Continued to add more gaming aids/markers
  • Lord of the Rings Moria Goblins - built and painted
  • Oh, and made a Tyranid Bastion...

All alongside keeping the blog going, and continuing to game one way or another. These additional 8 tasks can make up for the 'failures' and are a perfect lesson for 'going with the flow'. The 'To Do List' is a guide a focus for when the hobby deserts us, like when I was awaiting the Dark Angel Codex [so no point painting them] I cracked on with the Bloodbowl teams. I ran short of completing the Elves but they'll be waiting for next time. More importantly those achievements above were all items that I was motivated to get done and that fuels the hobby. There's no point forcing yourself to do a task if your hearts not in it, you'll just baulk at it and where's the fun in that. Of course there are times to push on through the hobby funk but not if there's an easier/alternative option.

So what have we for 2013/14. No great promises this time, just the missing elements as standby
  1. Bloodbowl Elves
  2. AoBR Tactical Squad
  3. AoBR Dreadnought
  4. Dark Angel Drop Pod
  5. Ravenwing bike squad
  6. STC Vent tower
  7. STC Athena plateau
  8. Create Epic building templates
  9. 60mm Dreadnought crater
  10. Complete pot pourri vegetation [and blog posts for that matter!]
 But with these new ones added/expanded
  1. Dark Angel - Devastators
  2. Dark Angel - Dark Vengeance Tactical Squad
  3. Dark Angel - Chaplain
  4. Dark Angel - Librarian
  5. Dark Angel - Azrael
  6. Tyranid Defence Line
  7. Tyranid Capillary Towers
  8. Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultists
  9. STC Inquisitorial Vault
  10. 'Hobby Matrix' blogpost
That should keep me busy, with the 10 new items being the priorities. I need the Dark Angels at a fighting force so I can have an alternative. The 'nids are becoming a bit repetitive in games at the moment so I need variety. Admittedly I'm spicing things up with some new lists thanks to the Tyrant, Bastion and Spore Pods but that will only go so far. That is of course until the new Codex arrives, supposedly in November, when my attitude/focus/task list could change dramatically!


Blog wise I need to update my Battle Reports page. I feel forced into doing less of them, they take a long time and stop me doing painting and modelling. I'm loathe to cut them down as I like having records, particularly when cool things happen and not that I keep score but it would be nice to know my win/loss ratio should I feel inclined to throw away my principles ;) So, the least I can do is make sure my Battle Report page is current, as I think it's predominantly 5th edition battles!



If there's anything you the faithful few would like to see more of, let me know in the comments and I'll try and accommodate that too.

2 comments:

  1. not sure if this is a good thing, but since this site was put up I've stopped being in the very situation with batreps that you're describing. It's a lot quicker, just enter in the details of the battle and it calculates your percentages for you, and in the end means there's less pressure to write up every batrep with every detail

    http://battleboard.40knation.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers DimmyK will look into it. At first glance very interesting.

      Delete